Education and Qualifications
- 1990 Certified as a Specialist in Civil Litigation
- 1984 Appointed Queen's Counsel
- 1971 Called to the Ontario Bar
Barry B. Papazian, Q.C. is one of the founding partners at Papazian Heisey Myers. Barry is a litigation specialist and has extensive experience many areas of litigation, including commercial and insurance. He is also retained as an arbitrator, domestically as well as internationally.
He has been a member of the Governing Council, University of Toronto and has acted in the past as Chairman of Insurance Advisory Boards set up from time to time by the Superintendent of Insurance under the Insurance Act for discipline of life agents.
Currently, Barry is director of Burger King Restaurants of Canada Inc. and is responsible for managing the legal affairs across Canada for Burger King and other major corporations such as Snap-on Tools of Canada.
- Lecturer Law Society of Upper Canada - The Six-Minute Insurance Primer for General Practitioners (November, 2002)
- Instructor Trial Practice, Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Upper Canada (1981-1986);
- Lecturer Bar Admission Course 1985-1987 on Insurance Law;
- Participant and Lecturer Previous Canadian Institute, Insight, Law Society of Upper Canada and Insurance Institute of Ontario Programmes on insurance subjects with particular emphasis on Agents and Brokers;
- Chairman Insurance Advisory Board (Appointed by the Superintendent of Insurance) from time to time to hold disciplinary hearings for Life Agents - 1982-1989;